All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $26.72
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $44.58Trending at AU $47.48
- AU $10.72Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $22.81Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $34.33
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $47.95
About this product
- DescriptionTripping the Prom Queen is an investigation of the dark secret of female friendships-the deep vein of female rivalry. Based on interviews with women across the social spectrum, Susan Shapiro Barash has exploded the myth that women are generally supportive of one ather. In fact, the competition between women is more vicious precisely because it is covert. She tells us: Why women can't and won't admit to rivalry. How women are trained from an early age to compete with one ather. In which areas women most heatedly compete. How rivalry is different among women than among men. The differences between competition, envy, and jealousy. When competition is healthy and when it isn't. Why women find it irresistible to trip the prom queen. Useful strategies to stop the competition and forge a new kind of relationship with other women. Tripping the Prom Queen is an engrossing exploration of bad behavior that all women will identify with, and a beacon of hope for a better, more promising future.
- Author BiographySusan Shapiro Barash, an established writer of nonfiction women's issue books, has authored nine books, including A Passion for More: Wives Reveal the Affairs That Make or Break Their Marriages; Second Wives: The Pitfalls and Rewards of Marrying Widowers and Divorced Men; and Mothers-in-Law and Daughters-in-Law: Love, Hate, Rivalry and Reconciliation. She is a professor of critical thinking/gender studies at Marymount Manhattan College and a member of the Women's Leadership Board at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard, where she mentors graduate students. In addition to narrating audiobooks, Shelly Frasier has appeared in many independent film and theater projects in Arizona and southern California and has developed character voices for animation projects and voiceover work for commercials. She trained at the Groundlings Improv School in Hollywood and South Coast Reperatory's Professional Conservatory in Costa Mesa, California. She has performed at theaters throughout North Hollywood and Orange County. Recent performances include Blue Window, The Battle of Bull Run Always Makes Me Cry, The Haunting of Hill House, and a British farcical version of A Christmas Carol. She resides in Hollywood.
- Author(s)Susan Shapiro Barash
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication17/03/2006
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Shelly Frasier
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time450
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.