All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinston Churchill's six-volume history of the cataclysm that swept the world remains the definitive history of the Second World War. Lucid, dramatic, remarkable both for its breadth and sweep and for its sense of personal involvement, it is universally ackwledged as a magnificent reconstruction and is an enduring, compelling work that led to his being awarded the Nobel Prize for literature. Triumph and Tragedy recounts the dramatic months as the War drew to a close - the Normandy landings, the liberation of Western Europe, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the surrender of Germany and Japan.
- Author BiographyWinston S. Churchill (1874-1965) was prime minister of Great Britain from 1940 to 1945 and from 1951 to 1955. A prolific writer, whose works include The Second World War and A History of the English-Speaking Peoples, Churchill was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1953.
- Author(s)Sir Winston S. Churchill
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleThe Second World War
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight522 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.