All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionAbout forty thousand years ago, a new kind of hominid suddenly appeared in Europe and Western Asia. This was a creature unlike any of the other hominids then existing - borderline Homo sapiens, and the enigmatic Homo sapiens neanderthalensis.< Homo sapiens sapiens, as he has w come to be kwn, was distinguished from his contemporaries by his increased height, delicate bone structure, and the huge balloon-like cranium that anunced an intelligence that allowed for the radical break with the existing models. We see the results of this intelligence pouring out in an exuberance of material and artistic creativity. In his homeland, which extended from Spain to the Urals, a tiny, gemlike, if frost-encrusted civilization was spontaneously created. Seymour W. Itzkoff focuses in Triumph of the Intelligent on the evolutionary dynamics that led to the production of ever more intelligent humans, finally culminating in this sudden spasm of reconstruction. Itzkoff has followed the evidence carefully, attempting to stay within the assignable limits of evolutionary theory to produce a most-probable model of the dynamics that extruded this enigmatic creature, Homo sapiens sapiens.
- Author(s)Seymour W Itzkoff
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/1989
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1989
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight440 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.