All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor one-semester courses in Preparatory Chemistry Make chemistry relevant to students Now in its fifth edition, Introductory Chemistry continues to foster deep engagement in the course by showing how chemistry manifests in students' daily lives. Author Nivaldo Tro draws upon his classroom experience as an award-winning instructor to extend chemistry from the laboratory to the student's world, capturing student attention with relevant applications and a captivating writing style. This program provides a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. It will help you to: * * Enable deep conceptual understanding: Several new Conceptual Checkpoints and Self- Assessment Quizzes help students better grasp key concepts. * Foster development of problem-solving skills: A step-by-step framework encourages students to think logically rather than simply memorize formulas. Additional worked examples, enhanced with audio and video, reinforce challenging problems. * Encourage interest in chemistry: The inclusion of concrete examples of key ideas throughout the program keeps students engaged in the material. Personalize learning with (optional) MasteringChemistry(R): This data-validated online homework, tutorial, and assessment program helps students quickly master concepts, and enables instructors to provide timely intervention when necessary.
- Author BiographyNivaldo Tro is Professor of Chemistry at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California, where he has been a faculty member since 1990. He received his Ph.D. in chemistry from Stanford University, for work on developing and using optical techniques to study the adsorption and desorption of molecules to and from surfaces in ultrahigh vacuum. He then went on to the University of California at Berkeley, where he did post-doctoral research on ultra-fast reaction dynamics in solution. Since coming to Westmont, Professor Tro has been awarded grants from the American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund, from Research Corporation, and from the National Science Foundation to study the dynamics of various processes occurring in thin layer films adsorbed on dielectric surfaces. He has been honored as Westmont's outstanding teacher of the year three times and has also received the college's outstanding researcher of the year award. Professor Tro lives in Santa Barbara with his wife, Ann, and their four children, Michael, Ali, Kyle, and Kaden. In his leisure time, Professor Tro enjoys mountain biking, surfing, reading to his children, and being outdoors with his family.
- Author(s)Nivaldo J. Tro
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPearson Education Limited
- Weight1654 g
- Width218 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement5th edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.