All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionBetween 1901 and 1914, Ernst Troeltsch wrote 150 reviews of new publications in theology, philosophy, the social sciences, and cultural history. Many of these critiques were published in obscure places, and their existence was hitherto unkwn. Not only do they offer fasinating insights into Troeltsch's train of thought, they also open up new perspectives on the debates that Heidelberg intellectual groups engaged in about the cultural meaning of religion and Christianity. Troeltsch reviewed texts by James, Simmel, and Rickert, wrote a major obituary te about his friend Georg Jellinek, avidly participated in the methodological debates of German historians, and developed in his reviews the integrative concept of theology as the cultural science of Christianity.
- Author BiographyFriedrich Wilhelm Graf ist Ordinarius fur Systematische Theologie und Ethik an der Universitat Munchen; Gabriele von Bassermann-Jordan arbeitet als Wissenschaftliche Assistentin in der Abteilung fur Systematische Theologie der Universitat Munchen.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication23/02/2004
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1740 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byGraf Friedrich Wilhelm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.