All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
About this product
- Description'Trompe-l'oeil' literally means 'deceiving the eye'. Adoptive New Yorker, Daneka Sorensen, appears to be a woman any man might want: attractive, imaginative, charming, wealthy and successful in almost every aspect of her life. It's wonder that fashion photographer Kit Addison falls madly in love with her. After their third chance meeting, they hesitantly find each other, then impulsively run off together to tour the most romantic parts of Europe and of each other. And, to the delight of each, everything about the other is absolutely perfect-everything, that is, except one thing. But that one thing is a hell of a kicker. Trompe-l'oeil has been described as the roller coaster of a lifetime by one reviewer. It is. At the same time, it's a wrestling match between Thanatos and Eros-the outcome of which isn't revealed until the final chapter. That outcome is an epiphany to Kit, an epitaph to Daneka. Sic transit gloria mundi. At the end of the day, it's just ather love story: a little something in the vein of Romeo and Juliet; Tristan and Isolde; Orpheus and Eurydice; Heloise and Abelard; Pyramus and Thisbe. The difference? This one's very 21st century, considerably more explicit, and she's the older-though t necessarily the wiser-of the two.
- Author BiographyRussell Bittner is first and foremost a father; next, a poet; thirdly, a writer of both fiction (this novel; two collections of short stories plus one novella in each; one four-act drama; and one collection of formal verse) and non-fiction (LETTERS TO MY CHILDREN) plus one collection of creative non-fiction (ARS LONGA, VIA BREVIS) and one personal memoir (GIRL FROM BAKU); and lastly, a citizen of the world, a denizen of the planet. He aspires only to the simple life. The life of abundance is one he has in large part thanks to his two children, Chris(topher) and Alex(andra).
- Author(s)MR Russell Bittner
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectErotic Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.