All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAfro-Cuban music evolved into one of the great musical traditions of the twentieth century. Trompeta: Chappott'n, Chocolate, and the Afro-Cuban Trumpet Style provides a comprehensive history of mainstream Cuban music, examining the music of all its eras from the perspective of two seminal trumpet players: FZlix Chappott'n and Alfredo 'Chocolate' Armenteros. One or the other was present at almost every significant turning point in the stylistic development of Cuban music. An overview of the entire Afro-Cuban genre and its development is provided, as well as an in-depth examination of both Chappott'n's and Armenteros' performance styles.
- Author BiographyRick Davies is a professional musician and a music professor at Plattsburgh State University of New York where he directs the jazz program.
- Author(s)Rick Davies
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Notemusical examples, bibliography, index, footnotes
- Weight417 g
- Width133 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.