All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Tropic of Capricorn , best-selling author Simon Reeve embarks on a 23,000-mile trek around the southern-most border of the tropics - a place of both amazing beauty and overwhelming human suffering. Heading east through Africa, Australia and South America, Simon encounters breathtaking landscapes and truly extraordinary people: from Bushmen of the Kalahari and Namibian prostitutes battling with HIV to gem miners in Madagascar and teenagers in the Brazilian favela once described as the most dangerous place on earth. It is a collection of daring adventures, strange rituals and exotic wildlife, all linked together by one invisible line. Like the best travel writing, Tropic of Capricorn confronts important issues of our time - our changing environment, poverty, globalisation - by taking us on an unforgettable journey of discovery.
- Author BiographySimon Reeve, author and broadcaster, has travelled the world for a series of television documentaries including BBC series Equator and Places That Don't Exist. His first book, The New Jackals: Ramzi Yousef, Osama bin Laden and the future of terrorism, was a New York bestseller and the first in the world on bin Laden and al Qaeda. His second book, One Day in September: the story of the 1972 Munich Olympics massacre, was adapted for screen and won an Oscar for best feature documentary.
- Author(s)Simon Reeve
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.