Tropical Conservation Biology by Navjot S. Sodhi, Barry W. Brook, Corey J. A. Bradshaw (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $111.10+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introductory textbook examines diminishing terrestrial and aquatic habitats in the tropics, covering a broad range of topics including the fate of the coral reefs; the impact of agriculture, urbanization, and logging on habitat depletion; and the effects of fire on plants and animal survival. * * Includes case studies and interviews with prominent conservation scientists to help situate key concepts in a real world context * Covers a broad range of topics including: the fate of the coral reefs; the impact of agriculture, urbanization, and logging on habitat depletion; and the effects of fire on plants and animal survival * Highlights conservation successes in the region, and emphasizes the need to integrate social issues, such as human hunger, into a tangible conservation plan * Documents the current state of the field as it looks for ways to predict future outcomes and lessen human impact Sodhi et al. have done a masterful job of compiling a great deal of literature from around the tropical realm, and they have laid out the book in a fruitful and straightforward manner...I plan to use it as a reference and as supplemental reading for several courses and I would encourage others to do the same. Ecology, 90(4), 2009, pp. 1144-1145
- Author BiographyNavjot S. Sodhi is Professor at the National University of Singapore. An associate/subject editor of Conservation Biology, the Auk, and Biotropica, Navjot received his PhD from the University of Saskatchewan, Canada. A recipient of National Geographic Society grants, he has also spent time as a Bullard Fellow at Harvard University, where he holds an adjunct associate position. Barry W. Brook is Professor and Director of the Research Institute for Climate Change and Sustainability at the University of Adelaide, Australia. His research interests include climate change, global ecology and extinction dynamics. Barry serves on the editorial boards of Ecological Research and Raffles Bulletin of Zoology and is a member of the Australian Research Council College of Experts and F1000 Biology. In 2006 he was awarded the Fenner Medal by the Australian Academy of Sciences. Corey J. A. Bradshaw is Associate Professor and Principal Research Fellow at Charles Darwin University, Australia. He earned a doctoral degree from the University of Otago, New Zealand and has extensively researched marine and terrestrial vertebrate populations, with an emphasis on extinction modelling and ecological theory. Corey is an Associate Editor for Journal of Animal Ecology .
- Author(s)Barry W. Brook,Corey J. A. Bradshaw,Navjot S. Sodhi
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2007
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight668 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.