All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOptimize Windows system reliability and performance with Sysinternals IT pros and power users consider the free Windows Sysinternals tools indispensable for diagsing, troubleshooting, and deeply understanding the Windows platform. In this extensively updated guide, Sysinternals creator Mark Russivich and Windows expert Aaron Margosis help you use these powerful tools to optimize any Windows system's reliability, efficiency, performance, and security. The authors first explain Sysinternals' capabilities and help you get started fast. Next, they offer in-depth coverage of each major tool, from Process Explorer and Process Monitor to Sysinternals' security and file utilities. Then, building on this kwledge, they show the tools being used to solve real-world cases involving error messages, hangs, sluggishness, malware infections, and much more. Windows Sysinternals creator Mark Russivich and Aaron Margosis show you how to: * Use Process Explorer to display detailed process and system information* Use Process Monitor to capture low-level system events, and quickly filter the output to narrow down root causes* List, categorize, and manage software that starts when you start or sign in to your computer, or when you run Microsoft Office or Internet Explorer* Verify digital signatures of files, of running programs, and of the modules loaded in those programs* Use Autoruns, Process Explorer, Sigcheck, and Process Monitor features that can identify and clean malware infestations* Inspect permissions on files, keys, services, shares, and other objects* Use Sysmon to monitor security-relevant events across your network* Generate memory dumps when a process meets specified criteria* Execute processes remotely, and close files that were opened remotely* Manage Active Directory objects and trace LDAP API calls* Capture detailed data about processors, memory, and clocks* Troubleshoot unbootable devices, file-in-use errors, unexplained communication, and many other problems* Understand Windows core concepts that aren't well-documented elsewhere
- Author BiographyMark Russinovich is Chief Technology Officer of Microsoft Azure, where he oversees the technical strategy and architecture of Microsoft's cloud computing platform. He is a widely recognized expert in distributed systems, operating system internals, and cybersecurity. He is the author of the Jeff Aiken cyberthriller novels, Zero Day, Trojan Horse, and Rogue Code, and co-author of the Microsoft Press Windows Internals books. Russinovich joined Microsoft in 2006 when Microsoft acquired Winternals Software, the company he cofounded in 1996, as well as Sysinternals, where he authors and publishes dozens of popular Windows administration and diagnostic utilities. He is a featured speaker at major industry conferences, including Microsoft Ignite, Microsoft //build, RSA Conference, and more. Aaron Margosis is a Principal Consultant with Microsoft's Global Cybersecurity Practice, where he has worked with security-conscious customers since 1999. Aaron specializes in Windows security, least-privilege, application compatibility, and the configuration of locked-down environments. He is a top speaker at Microsoft conferences, and created many of the tools commonly used by organizations implementing high-security environments, including LUA Buglight, Policy Analyzer, IE Zone Analyzer, LGPO.exe (Local Group Policy Object utility), and MakeMeAdmin, which can be downloaded through his blog (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/aaron_margosis) or through two team blogs for which he is a primary author (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/fdcc and https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/SecGuide).
- Author(s)Aaron Margosis,Mark E. Russinovich
- PublisherMicrosoft Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/08/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRedmond
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMicrosoft Press,U.S.
- Weight1100 g
- Width187 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.