All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo one kws more than Dave Whitlock about trout behavior, the great variety of foods trout eat, and how to imitate these foods effectively. His years of world-class experience--as fisherman, writer, artist, and instructor--have earned him the respect and affection of anglers everywhere. Yet until recently, only readers of Trout Magazine have been able to benefit from his most up-to-date work: clear, complete, and practical wisdom about the life cycles and behavior of mayflies, caddis, stoneflies, scuds, sowbugs, crayfish, grasshoppers, moths, aquatic worms, minws, and dozens of other trout foods. With Dave's help, you'll learn how to make your fly flutter, wiggle, dart, crawl, or dead drift just like the real thing. This book gathers the best of Dave's lively Trout columns and beautiful illustrations into a single, well-organized, indispensable volume. Beginners and seasoned fly anglers alike will find something useful here, from tips on reading the water to tying flies to recognizing rise forms. It's the next best thing to a one-on-one lesson with Dave himself, and the results are simple: you'll catch more fish. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, kts, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyIn addition to his Trout column, Dave Whitlock regularly contributes writing and artwork to nearly every major outdoor and fly-fishing magazine, including Fly Fisherman, Flyfishing & Tying Journal, and Field & Stream. He also teaches fishing and fly-tying programs across the country. Dave lives in Welling, Oklahoma.
- Author(s)Dave Whitlock
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note97 color illustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $10.51Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.