All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the fiords of rthern Labrador to the icefields of western Greenland, from the outports ofNewfoundland to the tiny fishing villages of Iceland and the Faroe Isles, best-selling author and lifelong sailor Myron Arms chronicles the experience of two-and-a-half decades of voyaging into some of the most remote destinations on Earth.Presented as a series of sixteen personal essays,True North is at once a tale of white-knuckledadventure, a celebration of natural places, and aquest for contact with the planet we live on. Thought-provoking and environmentally savvy, True North expresses one man's fierce determination to encounter the natural world, to live deliberately within it, to strive to minimize one's footprint upon it, and to bear witness to it before it is altered irretrievably-before it is lost.Also by the author:Riddle by the Ice: 9780385490931Cathedral of the World: 9780385494762Servants of the Fish: 9780942679298
- Author BiographyMyron Arms is writer, lecturer, and professional small-boat sailor. His previous books include the best-seller Riddle of the Ice, and more recently Servants of the Fish. He has published numerous articles in Cruising World, Blue Water Sailing, and many other sailing and adventure magazines. Readers may sample his other writing and sailing adventures at www.myronarms.com .
- Author(s)Myron Arms
- PublisherUpper Access Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUpper Access Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight312 g
- Width165 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.