All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- Description<b><i>True Path of the Ninja</i> is the first authoritative translation in English of the <i>Shoninki</i>--the famous 17th century ninjutsu manual.</b> Authors Antony Cummins and Yoshie Minami worked closely with Dr. Nakashima Atsumi, author of the most comprehensive modern Japanese version of the <i>Shoninki</i>, thus making this English translation the closest to the original scrolls. The information and insights found in this translation are invaluable for understanding the skills, techniques and mentality of the historical shibi. Whether it involved tips for surviving in the wild, advice on intelligence-gathering techniques, or methods for creating chaos in the enemy camp, this ninja book unveils secrets long lost. Along with its practical applications, this book is an important guide to the mental discipline that ninjas must have to ensure success in accomplishing their mission. <b><i>True Path of the Ninja</i> is covers the following topics: </b><ul><li>What is a ninja and what equipment does he need.</li><li> The skills of infiltration and information gathering.</li><li>How to distrupt and distract the enemy.</li><li>How to be mentally prepared to carry out ninja misions</li></ul>In addition to the translation of the <i>Shoninki</i>, this book also includes the first written record of the oral tradition Defense Against a Ninja taught by Otake Risuke, the revered sensei of the legendary Katori Shinto Ryu school of swordsmanship. Sensei reveals for the first time these ancient and traditional teachings on how the samurai can protect himself from the cunning wiles of a ninja.
- Author Biography<b>Antony Cummins</b> is a world-renowned Ninja historian. His background as an archaeologist gives him unique insight into the mysterious world of the historical Ninja and Samurai. Cummins' works include translations of the most authentic Ninja documents available to modern researchers and readers. He is the author of several books on Ninja and Japanese warfare, including: <i>Samurai and Ninja</i>, <i>The Book of Ninja</i>, <i>Iga</i> and <i>Koka Ninja Skills</i>, <i>The Secret Traditions of the Shinobi</i>, <i>In Search of the Ninja</i>, <i>Samurai War Stories</i> and <i>The Book of Samurai</i>.
- Author(s)Antony Cummins,Yoshie Minami
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationKanagawa
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Content Note27 Black and White Illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.