All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom choosing the right pair of eyeglasses to properly coordinating a shirt, tie, and pocket square, getting dressed is an art to be mastered. Yet, how many of us just throw on, well, whatever each morning? How many understand the subtleties of selecting the right pair of socks or the most compatible patterns of our various garments--much less the history, imperatives, and importance of our choices? In True Style, acclaimed fashion expert G. Bruce Boyer provides a crisp, indispensable primer for this daily ritual, cataloguing the essential elements of the male wardrobe and showing how best to employ them. In witty, stylish prose, Boyer breezes through classic items and traditions in menswear, detailing the evolution and best uses of fabrics like denim and linen, accoutrements like neckties and eyeglasses, and principles for combining patterns, colors, and textures. He enlightens readers about acceptable circumstances for donning a turtleneck, declaims the evils of wearing dress shoes without socks, and trumpets the virtues of sprezzatura, the artistry of concealing effort beneath a cloak of nchalance. With a gentle yet firm approach to the rules of dressing and an incredible working kwledge of the different items, styles, and principles of menswear, Boyer provides essential wardrobe guidance for the discriminating gentleman, explaining what true style looks like--and why.
- Author BiographyG. Bruce Boyer is a renowned expert on menswear and men's fashion. The former menswear editor for Town & Country, he has authored, coauthored, and contributed to numerous books on fashion, and his feature articles have appeared in Esquire, Harper's Bazaar, Forbes, the New York Times, the New Yorker, Departures, and the Rake, among other national and international magazines. Boyer has also cocurated several fashion exhibitions at The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology. He lives in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)G. Bruce Boyer
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content NoteB&W illustrations throughout
- Weight471 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.