True to Our Roots: Fermenting a Business Revolution by Paul Dolan (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionTrue To Our Roots sets forth the simple but powerful management principles that enabled Fetzer Vineyards under Paul Dolan to become one of America's biggest and best-kwn wineries even as it was becoming a model for sustainable businesses everywhere. Today Dolan and Fetzer are leading the California wine industry toward profound change in how wineries and grape growers preserve their environment, strengthen their communities, and enrich the lives of their employees, without sacrificing the bottom line. This is truly a management revolution in one of the most globalized, competitive industries on Earth. The principles Dolan discovered and developed at fetzer can be applied to any business and by leaders at every level: your business is part of a much larger system; your company's culture is determined by the context you create for it; the soul of your company is found in the hearts of its people; true power is living what you kw; you can't predict the future, but you can create it; there is a way to make an idea's time come. Filled with personal anecdotes and practical wisdom, this book offers inspiration and guidance to business managers who see the compelling need to build and grow healthy, sustainable organizations. For all readers, True To Our Roots provides both a fascinating glimpse into the california wine industry and heartening proof that business can do well by doing good.
- Author Biography<b>Paul Dolan</b> believes that business leaders can help make a better world, and he sees Mendocino County, California, as fertile ground to grow this vision. As president of Fetzer Vineyards (1992-2004) where he also served as winemaker (1977-1992) and managing director for new products and strategic development with the wine group of Brown-Forman Corporation, he led a transformation that put the company at the forefront of organic viticulture and sustainable business. With the creation of Mendocino Wine Company (MWC), a partnership of the Dolan and Thornhill families, leadership in sustainable winegrowing continues, cradled in the open, creative atmosphere of Mendocino County. A native Californian descended from three generations of distinguished winemakers, Dolan graduated from Santa Clara University with a degree in business and finance and holds a master's degree in enology from California State University, Fresno. Dolan serves on the boards of Wine Institute and Business for Social Responsibility, and is a founder of Wine Vision. He participated on President Clinton's Council on Sustainable Development, and chaired the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance Board. Dolan continues to advocate for sustainability and organic farming based on the simple premise that his natural view of our relationship with the world is not only the right view, but also delivers better products and healthier lives.
- Author(s)Paul Dolan
- PublisherBloomberg Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPrinceton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomberg Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight547 g
- Width165 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.