All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThere can be doubt as to the authenticity of BWV 143 as a genuine cantata by Johann Sebastian Bach. While the originals are lost, there are second and third generation copies. This study considers all kwn facts since the work's composition in the 18<UP>th century and discusses in detail the criteria for judging the authenticity of the work.
- Author BiographyDon L. Smithers is a music historian and a performer on the natural trumpet. Among his achievements are the revival of the authentic historic trumpet and the rediscovery of many important musical works written for it. The author holds a doctorate in the history of music from the University of Oxford and taught at Syracuse University in the United States and at the Royal Dutch Conservatory of Music in The Hague. He has a special interest in the music of J.S. Bach and has recorded numerous works of Bach and other Baroque composers with ensembles in the United States and Europe.
- Author(s)Don L. Smithers
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight290 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.