All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf we trust someone we put ourselves at risk, but we do so voluntarily. In business there may be way of clinching that deal without engaging in that personal risk, but to deny or externalise that risk is to enter the world of blame and misuse of power. This book reconnects our intuitive understanding of trust with the roots of business risk. When there is a strong eugh trust between parties in a business environment, you can: Be aware of far more of the workings of the environment, including how to generate value for other stakeholders Strengthen business relationships which help to deal with unimagined opportunities and contingencies Understand how to develop lean business processes without unnecessary or counterproductive management activities Manage business risks that could otherwise play havoc with the business When business people deny the importance of trust, when some of their business relationships become cynical and exploitative, then a cycle is formed: lack of trust leads to cynical actions and cynical actions lead to a further erosion of trust. In this book, Aidan Ward and John Smith teach how to trust others and pinpoint real ris k in business.
- Author BiographyAidan Ward and John Smith are partners in Antelope Projects Ltd, a business risk management consultancy with a prime interest in authenticity and trust. Aidan Ward has a background in large software projects and application architectures. For the last seven years he has run the risk management consultancy business. He works within a network of distinguished specialists in many fields, to bring out issues of trust and risk management in a proper context. Aidan is the author of many papers on the application of risk management insights in particular domains and of the Scimitar Risk Management System. John Smith moved into retail systems from aircraft engineering, designing and implementing some of the earliest EPOS systems. He has successfully used Antelope's SCIMITAR methodology in business projects in many parts of the world and in many cultures. Its adaptability and the ease with which it accommodates cultural context is a ceaseless source of wonder to him. John is a published author in his own genre, cliche fiction.
- Author(s)Aidan Ward,John Smith
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight574 g
- Width166 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.