Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.52
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.60
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.68
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $22.85
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $36.11
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a pioneering guide dog organization comes the first book to explore one of the most profound and inspiring relationships between humans and animals. In Trust the Dog, the Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation introduces listeners to a group of extraordinary people who, thanks to their guide dogs, flourish in a world that assumes the ability to see. Among them are a brother and sister who lost their sight at a very young age and whose dogs essentially helped them grow up, a Serbian girl who fled civil war to find new hope in America, and a newly blind single father determined to keep his family together against all odds. Through their experiences we discover the astonishing teamwork and devotion between people who are blind and their guide dogs, the intelligence and discipline that these animals unfailingly display, and the ble work of the nprofit organization that for fifty years has been making it all possible. A heartwarming tribute to this unique relationship, Trust the Dog is sure to change how we think about man's best friend and the possibilities of life without sight.
- Author BiographySince its origins breeding and donating service dogs in 1960, the Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation has been promoting increased independence for people who are blind by providing them with the highest quality German shepherds possible. Placement, in-community training with the dogs, and ongoing follow-up services are all completely free of charge. Gerri Hirshey is a journalist and author whose writing has appeared in the New York Times Magazine, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, Esquire, GQ, and many other publications. She is the author of Nowhere to Run: The Story of Soul Music. Kirby Heyborne is an accomplished actor, musician, and comedian. He has received critical acclaim for his starring roles in the award-winning World War II drama Saints and Soldiers, the lighthearted family comedy The R.M., the award-winning boy-band mockumentary The Sons of Provo, and the award-winning quixotic comedy Pirates of the Great Salt Lake. He has had starring roles in thirteen features and many short films. Kirby has also appeared on the WB's Everwood and many national commercials. Recently, Kirby was seen as a recurring character on the hit FOX sitcom Free Ride. Kirby has received a number of AudioFile Earphones Awards for excellence in audiobook narration. He has narrated such titles as Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, Black Swan Green by David Mitchell, Breathers by S. G. Browne, and The Genius by Jesse Kellerman. Kirby is a cofounder and director of the celebrated Los Angeles-based improv comedy group The Society. Also a successful musician, Kirby has released four solo albums and has had his music featured in many films. Kirby has delighted audiences across the country with his ability to blend heart-warming stories, beautiful music, and comedic wit.
- Author(s)Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation,Gerri Hirshey
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Kirby Heyborne
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time420
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.