All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe rewned Swiss structural engineer Jurg Conzett has designed a unique mountain trail in the Swiss Canton of Grisons, the Trutg dil Flem (Trail of Flims). Set in spectacular landscape above the well-kwn resort Flims-Laax-Falera, it leads over seven newly constructed bridges crossing the stream running from a nearby mountain pass down to the village. Each bridge represents a different type of construction and building method, tailored to the specific features of their particular location. Wilfried Dechau is an architectural journalist and has for many years been chief editor of one of Germany's foremost professional architecture and construction magazines. He is also a keen and accomplished photographer, whose series on the Storebalt suspension bridge in Denmark won the 2001 Kodak photo calendar award. He has recently turned more to documenting the process of building rather than the finished work. Dechau's atmospheric images of the Trutg dil Flem and Conzett's seven bridges show the interaction of landscape and engineering work. Reproductions of Conzett's original drawings for the bridges and short essays on the project and its realisation complement the striking photographs.
- Author BiographyWilfried Dechau, has for many years been chief editor of Deutsche Bauzeitung, and has also been working as a photographer. In 2010 he opened his own photo gallery f75 in Stuttgart. Jurg Conzett is an independent consulting structural engineer. His practice, Conzett, Bronzini, Gartmann Ltd. Engineers, is based in Chur, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Christian Dettwiler,Jurg Conzett,Ursula Baus
- PublisherScheidegger und Spiess AG, Verlag
- Date of Publication24/07/2013
- LanguageEnglish & German.
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintScheidegger und Spiess AG, Verlag
- Content Note101 Colour, 59 B&W
- Weight1406 g
- Width315 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wilfried Dechau
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.