All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLarry Hart's Truth Aflame brings together charismatic renewal and classic evangelical faith better than anything I have read. An important contribution to the contemporary renaissance in systematic theology! Timothy George Dean of Beeson Divinity School of Samford University, Executive Editor of Christianity Today As the Pentecostal/charismatic movement continues to grow, so does the need for solid theological resources for its members. While there are many volumes of systematic theology available, very few are written from a distinctly charismatic perspective. Truth Aflame seeks to meet that need. While academically sound, Truth Aflame is written with a practical, pastoral flavor. Larry Hart defines systematic theology as the process of taking what the Bible teaches and relating it to contemporary questions and kwledge. His passion for the subject is evident: he is concerned that the reader both grasps the magnificence of the study of God and allows these great truths to be transformative. This Truth, then-liberating, enlivening, and transforming Truth-becomes central to the ongoing renewal of the church that we are seeing in our day. Dr. Hart treats each of the traditional categories-revelation, God, creation, humanity, sin, Christ, salvation, the church, and last things-from a Pentecostal/charismatic perspective. He addresses other theological viewpoints but does t get bogged down in analysis and rebuttal. Further, he seeks to build bridges of understanding to those evangelicals outside the charismatic tradition. Clear, succinct, and readable, this revised and updated edition of Truth Aflame is well-suited t only for students, but for anyone desiring a greater understanding of Pentecostal/charismatic theology.
- Author BiographyLarry Hart (PhD Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is Professor of theology in the School of Theology and Missions at Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Author(s)Larry D. Hart
- Date of Publication26/07/2005
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight652 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.