All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $47.96Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionNine-year-old Tua (Thai for peanut) has grown up with everything she needs in the bustling town of Chiang Mai, Thailand. Everything except a sister. But then one day in the market she makes a new friend. Not one with pigtails and a sparkling laugh, but a curious trunk and wise, old eyes. Tua has met an elephant. And this elephant needs her help. Together Tua and Pohn-Pohn go on a remarkable journey to escape from the vile trainers who had kept the elephant in chains. From the bustling night market to the hallowed halls of a Buddhist temple, and finally the sanctuary of an elephant refuge, this clever girl and her companion find exactly what they need: each other.
- Author BiographyRandal Harris has travelled the world with his wife, spending much time in Asia, including three months in Thailand, where this story was born. He has been a bartender in North Beach for more than 30 years, but is currently living in Shanghai, China. This is his first book. Taeeun Yoo has illustrated a number of picture books, and in 2009 she received the Society of Illustrators in America Founders Awar for the most promising new talent of the year. Born and raised in Korea, Yoo now lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Randal Harris
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width140 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.