All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most up to date vacuum tube design book currently available. Packed with information...Loaded with projects...Nothing like it anywhere! Join Transcendent Sound's Bruce Rozenblit as he takes you on a journey from the basics of tube circuitry, through advanced designs. Tubes and Circuits is a condensed engineering manual that teaches the theory and operation of vacuum tubes-as well as circuit design. In addition, five projects are included that you can build. Projects provide step-by-step design procedures, equations, schematics, parts lists, and photos to assist the hobbyist in construction. Build a state of the art, very low cost, 15W OTL (output transformerless) amplifier. Complete plans for a 300B OTL. Own most glorious 1 watt in all of audio. Pure single-ended, Class A sonic heaven. (See website for updates, www.transendentsound.com) A tube tester that tests virtually all current production audio and guitar amp tubes-can be user modified to test any tube; a simple device used for testing most octal based rectifier tubes and a tube analyzer used for manually determining tube constants and bias currents. Tubes and Circuits provides all design procedures and equations necessary to allow readers to create their own designs. Practical methods are revealed-all built upon a solid theoretical base. Bruce Rozenblit shares his decades of experience designing hi-end tube audio equipment. Nothing has been held back. Topics include the essential physics required to understand circuits. Explains in detail what electricity is and how it works. Shows how DC current flows and behaves through resistive elements. Detailed information on AC circuit theory, reactive elements, and how they affect signals. What inductance is and how it is created. How components are used to create networks and interact with each other- includes transformer theory. Shows how feedback works and how best to use it. Reveals in detail the chemical and physical processes of how vacuum tubes function, generate current, age, and deteriorate. Shows how the electric fields inside vacuum tubes cause them to work. Demonstrates what tube constants are and how to use them. Shows how to use tube characteristic charts to derive the tube constants used in design equations. Explains load lines and their application. Detailed operation and all design equations for virtually all of the tube circuits used in high-end audio. Includes single-ended and push-pull transformer coupled output stages. Basic information on power supply design and function. All of the theory is put to use and made practical in the project chapters. Learn how to design OTL amplifiers. Anyone that uses vacuum tubes, from the hobbyist, the musician, to the design professional, would benefit from Tubes and Circuits.
- Author BiographyBruce Rozenblit is the President and Chief Engineer of Transcendent Sound, Inc., which specializes in vacuum tube audio kits for the DIY audiophile. He specializes in OTL (no output transformer) amplifiers that produce maximum fidelity. He holds a U.S. patent in amplifier design. He has been professionally involved in the audio industry since 1996, a lifelong audiophile and started working with tubes by 1985. This is his third book on audio technology.
- Author(s)Bruce Rozenblit
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.