Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionWhat constituted a secret or a scandal in times gone by? This entertaining title in this new series gives an overview of the times and attitudes to 'secrets', and what was meant by a 'scandal'. The series uncovers revelations of spies and plots, financial scandals, secrets of the royal bedchambers, dynastic tangles, and the exploits of both villains and so-called saints. Noble lords and ladies sampled the same pleasures and sometimes met the same ghastly fate as common criminals. Enemies of the state plotted and were plotted against, while a horrible fate awaited those found guilty of treason, hanged, drawn and quartered to the jeers of the mob. Assassins lurked in alleys, ghoulish body snatchers opened graves in the dead of night...This highly illustrated guide includes places associated with the stories.
- Author BiographyBrian Williams is an author of several history books.
- Author(s)Brian Williams
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitkin Publishing
- Content Note60 colour illustrations
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.