Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.07
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.57
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.59
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
About this product
- DescriptionIt's The Borrowers meets The Wind in the Willows. Enter the world of Tumtum and Nutmeg for a wonderfully enchanting story full of warmth and humour. Tumtum and Nutmeg are leaving the confines of Nutmouse Hall and voyaging on their most challenging adventure yet...at the seaside! Arthur and Lucy are going to stay with their Uncle, and Nutmeg is determined to keep an eye on the children while they are away. But of course they won't be alone as General Marchmouse decides to join the fun. And soon The General gets his wish as the mice find that their new friend, Lord Seamouse, needs their help. Together they must set out on an adventure to regain his lost treasure and stop his enemy, Purple Claw, from getting to it first. Tumtum and Nutmeg: A Seaside Adventure is a miniature masterpiece that will be loved by generations to come. Emily Bearn's distinctive, classic writing style and Nick Price's delightful illustrations combine to make this series a future classic. The Times said: 'Bearn's style is as crisp and warm as a home-baked biscuit.'
- Author BiographyEmily Bearn was born in London, and has been a journalist since the age of 20 when she joined the staff of Harpers & Queen magazine. She has subsequently worked for The Times and the Sunday Telegraph before becoming a freelance in 2005 following the birth of her daughter. The idea for the Tumtum and Nutmeg books was sparked one evening when, while feeding her baby in the kitchen, she saw two tiny mice scuttling across the floor, then disappearing behind the skirting next to the cooker. She started to wonder what sort of life the mice led behind the skirting board, and so Tumtum and Nutmeg came to life. She and her daughter live in Hammersmith, and still share their house with two (very helpful) mice.
- Author(s)Emily Bearn
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleTumtum and Nutmeg
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight184 g
- Width122 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.