Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionTurbo Coding presents a unified view of the revolutionary field of turbo error control coding, summarizing recent results in the areas of encoder structure and performance analysis. The book also introduces new material, including a general theory for the analysis and design of interleavers, and a unified framework for the analysis and design of decoding algorithms. Turbo Coding explains the basics of turbo error control coding in a straightforward manner, while making its potential impact on the design of digital communication systems as clear as possible. Chapters have been provided on the structure and performance of convolutional codes, interleaver design, and the structure and function of iterative decoders. The book also provides insight into the theory that underlies turbo error control, and briefly summarizes some of the ongoing research efforts. Recent efforts to develop a general theory that unites the Viterbi and BCJR algorithms are discussed in detail. A chapter is provided on the newly discovered connection between iterative decoding and belief propagation in graphs, showing that this leads to parallel algorithms that outperform currently used turbo decoding algorithms. Turbo Coding is a primary resource for both researchers and teachers in the field of error control coding.
- Author(s)Chris Heegard,Stephen B. Wicker
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/12/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number476
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight361 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 1999
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.