Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.83Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.85Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.08Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is written and illustrated by Professor Zeki Findikoglu. The author is a Turkish American artist and scholar from a small village in Turkey who is w living in Washington, D.C. Zeki Findikoglu has been creating art work based on Turkish designs and culture for four decades. As one of the last remaining storytellers of traditional Turkish folktales, the author has endeavored to protect and revive this tradition by collecting and recording more than five hundred Turkish folktales and folksongs during his career. Findikoglu has gathered these from his grandmother and his mother, as well as from traveling minstrels and shadow puppet performers. .This book contains two folktales, Bird of Heaven and Siblings, which were told to the author by his mother. The accompanying artworks were created as limited edition prints. Zeki Findikoglu's extensive collection of prints and paintings has been exhibited in many museums and galleries and in several publications.
- Author BiographyZeki Findikoglu was born in 1946 in Iznik, Turkey. He lived in virtually every region of the Anatolian Peninsula. The rich variety of cultural and artistic traditions in Turkey developed into a lifelong interest. Zeki moved to the United States in 1973. A professional artist since 1970 and an art professor since 1977, Zeki has gained international acclaim. His highly stylized paintings and prints incorporate Turkish culture and artistic conventions, extending them with a modern artistic vocabulary to provide a bridge between ancient and contemporary art. Zeki's works have been exhibited in the US and Turkey, as well as Europe and Asia. Zeki has been an art professor or art department chairman at four different colleges in the Washington, D.C. region during his 30 year teaching career. He currently works at his studio in Washington, DC and at his studio at the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Author(s)Zeki Findikoglu
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/01/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width201 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.