All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionTurkmen is the official language of the Republic of Turkmenistan, where more than two million people speak it. There are a further one million Turkmen speakers divided between Iran, Afghanistan, and to a lesser extent Turkey, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, the United States, and Germany. Turkmen has been transliterated into various scripts, but in 1996 a specially modified Roman alphabet replaced the Cyrillic script in Turkmenistan. This book contains a resourceful two-way dictionary that indicates parts of speech and provides clear examples to help clarify ambiguous meanings. Also included are an informative grammar and a brief guide to pronunciation. A collection of travel-oriented phrases comprises such diverse topics as Relief Aid and Getting Around. Important tes on Turkmen culture, as well as travel information, are also given.
- Author BiographyNicholas Awde is a writer and regional consultant based in the Caucasus and Central Asia. Peter Maghashyan is a freelance journalist, analyst, and consultant on regional, political, and economic issues. He is based in Yerevan, Armenia.
- Author(s)Nicholas Awde,William Dirks
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- LanguageEnglish & Turkmen
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date13/01/2017
- Weight174 g
- Width98 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.