All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionWritten from the eyes of a soldier, this vel follows a 16-year-old boy from outside who comes to the Kibbutz Beth-Alpha boarding school as a 10th grade student in the school year 1945 46. Their class name was Oren, meaning pine tree, and they grew up in the shadow of acute political and military confrontations that preceded the War of Independence. When they were in the 12th grade they were called up to serve in the newly founded Golani Brigade as a machine gun platoon in Battalion 13. They took part in the battles of the Jezreel Valley, which exposed them to the bitter truth that they were a small population with insufficient weapons confronted by all the Arab armies. Their forces were sparse, but the fighting spirit of the soldiers made up for the lack in numbers. They knew that if they didn t stop the enemy s advance, they would become the sequel to the European Holocaust.
- Author BiographyIsrael Zamir is the son of Isaac Bashevis Singer, winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1978. He served as a reporter and editor for many years and taught journalism at Tel Aviv University. He has translated many works of his father and is the author of Journey to My Father, Isaac Bashevis Singer.
- Author(s)Israel Zamir
- PublisherAstrolog Publishing House
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAstrolog Publishing House
- Weight408 g
- Width135 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.