All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.69
About this product
- DescriptionIn August 2012, twenty dance artists from eleven countries spent ten days at the Findhorn Community Foundation, Scotland, to be coached in the performance of a solo they had each commissioned from rewned choreographer Deborah Hay. Hay's invative Solo Performance Commissioning Project (SPCP) instils a transformative and rigorous daily practice that stimulates and enriches each individual's approach to performance and choreography. In particular Hay urges artists to be sensitive to the entirety of the space within which they're moving, to unfix themselves from their habitual, forward-facing modes of perception. This process then engenders twenty unique solo adaptations of the work. Independent Dance commissioned filmmaker Becky Edmunds to document the journey of the group as they learned the solo Dynamic . The resulting film brilliantly captures the process by which Hay transmits the same solo dance to twenty individuals, and unveils the experiences, insights, and questions that inform the work and artistic practice.
- Author BiographyBecky Edmunds trained as a dancer and choreographer in the mid 1980s. Her work has spanned the disciplines of dance, live art, moving image and documentary practices. For more information visit www.beckyedmunds.com. Independent Dance is an artist-led organisation which supports, stimulates and sustains dance artists in their development throughout their professional lives. See www.independentdance.co.uk.
- Author(s)Becky Edmunds,Deborah Hay
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/08/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight158 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.