All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTurned chessmen is the fifth book in Mike Darlow's colour woodturning series, and the first of the series' project books. It describes the history, design and making of turned, particularly wood, chessmen. The book also includes practical chapters on how to design, turn and carve chessmen, and a gallery of recent chess sets, with ten accurate drawings which can be copied to make chess sets. Like the other books in the series, Turned Chessmen is exceptionally well illustrated, using 40 drawings and diagrams, and 280 photographs and copies of historic engravings.
- Author(s)Mike Darlow
- PublisherStobart Davies Ltd
- Date of Publication22/11/2004
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Series TitleMike Darlow's Woodturning S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationHertford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintStobart Davies Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), maps, ports.
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.