All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeaders are strangers to challenges; in recent years, businesses have experienced unprecedented layoffs, dismal sales, dwindling retirement accounts, and the bankruptcy of once-heralded institutions. While these uncertain times are difficult, they also provide the opportunity for great leadership. Over three decades of research, Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner, the bestselling authors of The Leadership Challenge, have asked thousands of leaders to describe their personal leadership best. Across the board, people say their greatest moments arise out of the most difficult periods of their careers. Turning Adversity Into Opportunity reveals how leaders at any level can transform difficult circumstances into opportunities for growth and success. Kouzes and Posner offer a clear set of six actionable strategies, showing how extraordinary leaders navigate through uncertainty, hardship, disruption, transformation, transition, recovery, new beginnings, and other significant challenges. Exemplary leadership disrupts the status quo, and Kouzes and Posner show how to awaken and pursue new possibilities and opportunities, matter what the circumstances. Wherever you find yourself in your organization or community, Turning Adversity Into Opportunity will help you embrace the chance within any challenge to make a real difference.
- Author BiographyJAMES KOUZES is the Dean s Executive Fellow of Leadership, Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University. BARRY POSNER is Accolti Professor of Leadership and former Dean (1997-2009) of the Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University. Kouzes and Posner are the authors of The Leadership Challenge, Credibility, The Truth About Leadership, A Leader s Legacy, Encouraging the Heart, and The Student Leadership Challenge, among many other works. They also developed the highly acclaimed Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI). For more information, visit www.leadershipchallenge.com.
- Author(s)Barry Z. Posner,James M. Kouzes
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication16/05/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight60 g
- Width132 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.