All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are more than 230,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer diagsed in the US every year and, despite better screening practices and advances in medicine, 40,000 US women die every year from breast cancer. In addition, there are 3 million breast cancer survivors in the US who need this information to avoid recurrence. Turning Off Breast Cancer: A Personalized Approach to Nutrition and Detoxification in Prevention and Healing is a comprehensive and targeted program for using nutrition and detoxification to prevent or heal from breast cancer. Rooted in the science of epigenetics--how gene expression is affected by nutrients and toxins--readers learn how to restore their own genes via diet, supplementation, and detoxification. The three steps are: * Nourish: This section recommends more than 100 foods to combat breast cancer and includes supplement recommendations for pre- and post-mepausal women. * Restore: Learn about the cutting-edge genetic tests that identify your cancer risk and how to use your test results to determine your personal nutrition and detox needs. * Detoxify: Discover how to flush out the toxins that contribute to breast cancer development and disturb cellular communication. Carefully researched and including 50 delicious recipes, Turning Off Breast Cancer forges a clear path toward health and healing.
- Author BiographyDaniella Chace, MS, CN, is a medical nutrition therapist, and the creator of NADb (a nutrition research database) and NutriSigns(TM), which addresses shoppers' health questions via in-store signage, as well as the iEat for Life suite of applications for mobile devices. She is the creator and host of the Nutrition Minute radio program, which will be available soon to National Public Radio stations and listeners via npr.org. She is the author of several books including Smoothies for Life and Healing Smoothies for Breast Cancer. She lives in Port Townsend, Washington.
- Author(s)Daniella Chace
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/07/2015
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.