All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionDeaf students in mainstream schools face many challenges, but one particularly difficult situation is relatively little studied: being the only deaf student in the entire school. Turning the Tide offers a qualitative study of the experiences of deaf and hard of hearing students in that situation. Oliva and Lytle build the book around three focus groups, bringing together students of diverse backgrounds to talk about their experiences and what they learned from them about how to work with teachers and administrators, as well as how to handle the challenges of social life. The result is a mix of moving stories of youthful resilience and a powerful call for action to make sure that deaf students have access to the support and resources they need to secure a good education.
- Author BiographyGina A. Oliva is a former professor in the Physical Education and Recreation Department at Gallaudet University. Linda R. Lytle is professor in the Department of Counseling at Gallaudet University.
- Author(s)Gina A. Oliva,Linda Risser Lytle
- PublisherGallaudet University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/02/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGallaudet University Press,U.S.
- Content Note1 halftone
- Weight408 g
- Width90 mm
- Height60 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.