All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTuscany has always been a popular destination because of its artistic heritage and unique landscape, and dozens of books on Tuscan homes have attempted to analyze this preference and define the intrinsic style. Yet this definition of style rarely goes beyond a predefined stereotype as much of the authenticity has been lost, and the beautiful old farm-workers' houses, even the most modest, longer exist. Even where conservation has been strictly observed, by changing the original use of these houses, previously the homes of those who worked on the land, the innate character has lost all meaning. However, yet ather book on Tuscany only has sense if it can go beyond simple documentation of style by describing a way of life in order to define the essence of Tuscany. We have decided to illustrate this essence through the homes of twenty artists from all over the world and who, with that special sensitivity unique to artists, have decided to live in this region, merging with its character - its genius loci. Each artist brings his own history and creativity, but at the same time, diffuses a different atmosphere composed of inventive input and a respect for material elements that does t simply reproduce the past, but alludes to it with intensity and passion. Neither modest r lavish, these houses demonstrate that sober elegance, uncontrived architecture and true harmony with the landscape are where the beauty of this region lies, a beauty that artists have always been able to embrace.
- Author BiographyMariella Sgaravatti was born in Padua, Italy and studied architecture in Florence where she graduated with a specialization in landscape architecture. She has done freelance work designing gardens and she is currently active in gardening congresses and conventions. Her published works include Le passiflore and Le clematidi, both published by Calderini in Italy, and Tuscany Artists Gardens, published by Verba Volant.
- Author(s)Mariella Sgaravatti
- PublisherVerba Volant Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerba Volant Ltd
- Content Note300 Colour
- Weight1996 g
- Width216 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Translated byKaty Hannan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.