All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a series of models in the general area of cell physiology and signal transduction, with particular attention being paid to intracellular calcium dynamics, and the role played by calcium in a variety of cell types. Calcium plays a crucial role in cell physiology, and the study of its dynamics lends insight into many different cellular processes. In particular, calcium plays a central role in muscular contraction, olfactory transduction and synaptic communication, three of the topics to be addressed in detail in this book. In addition to the models, much of the underlying physiology is presented, so that readers may learn both the mathematics and the physiology, and see how the models are applied to specific biological questions. It is intended primarily as a graduate text or a research reference. It will serve as a concise and up-to-date introduction to all those who wish to learn about the state of calcium dynamics modeling, and how such models are applied to physiological questions.
- Author BiographyJames Sneyd already published one book with Springer which won a prize for best math book in 1998 (American Association of Publishers). Achi Dosanjh will have copies of any reviews of this book, which have been favourable in general: Mathematical Physiology Series: Interdisciplinary Applied Mathematics, Vol. 8 Keener, James, Sneyd, James 1st ed. 1998. Corr. 2nd printing, 2001, XIX, 766 p. 347 illus., Hardcover ISBN: 0-387-98381-3 He is also an author of: S. Camazine, J.-L. Deneubourg, N. Franks, J. Sneyd, Guy Theraulaz, Eric Bonabeau, Self-Organization in Biological Systems, Princeton University Press, 2001. Winner of Best Professional/Scholarly Book in Biological Science (2001), American Association of Publishers. One of Choice's Outstanding Academic Titles for 2002.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication22/06/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Mathematics/Mathematical Biosciences Subseries
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.1867
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note71 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight349 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.