All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionFilling a key need among educators and literacy volunteers, this is the first hands-on guide for tutoring students with literacy difficulties in grades 6-12. Grounded in the most current literacy research, the book reflects the authors' 25+ years of combined experience working with tutoring programs. Every page features practical ideas for carrying out the entire process of tutoring: assessing teenagers' strengths, weaknesses, and interests; selecting appropriate, engaging materials; and fostering development in comprehension, word study, fluency, and composition. Special features include concrete examples and activities from over 20 tutors; a Q&A chapter on dealing with frequently encountered problems; and reproducible planning forms in a large, ready-to-use format.
- Author BiographyKelly Chandler-Olcott, EdD, is Associate Professor in Syracuse University's Reading and Language Arts Center. Kathleen A. Hinchman, PhD, is Professor in the Reading and Language Arts Center and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the School of Education at Syracuse University. A former middle school teacher, Dr. Hinchman teaches literacy methods courses and seminars. She is coeditor of the Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy and has authored or edited several books, including Best Practices in Adolescent Literacy Instruction, Second Edition, with Heather K. Sheridan-Thomas, and Adolescent Literacies, with Deborah A. Appleman. Her current scholarship explores policy implications of literacy-related secondary school reform and the use of formative design to explore alternative methods of adolescent literacy instruction.
- Author(s)Kathleen A. Hinchman,Kelly Chandler-Olcott
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication07/04/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleSolving Problems in the Teaching of Literacy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.