All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBuried treasure is a popular way of describing women in the New Testament. Rarely are these women presented as role models and rarely do they get mentioned in homilies! Choices for Sunday readings do little to highlight these women's contributions to the early church and the spread of Christianity. The women portrayed in this book embody the enduring values that answer our spiritual needs and satisfy our spiritual hunger. Their moral courage, selfless love and fidelity to Jesus' teachings make them models of discipleship-models that never go out of fashion. Turpin brings to life these women: Peter's wife, Salome, Mary (wife of Cleopas), Joanna (wife of Chuza), Martha and Mary of Bethany, Mary of Magdala, Mary of Jerusalem, Tabitha of Joppa, Lydia of Philippi, Prisca (coworker of Paul) and Phoebe (deacon of Cenchreae). Each chapter includes an imaginative portrait of the woman disciple, based on current Scripture scholarship and other historical and archaeological resources; an afterword that updates the reader on the woman; faith-sharing questions; sidebar quotes pertaining to the woman or the time period or some trait of the woman; and an original prayer about the woman.
- Author BiographyJOANNE TURPIN is author of Women in Church History: 20 Women for 20 Centuries and Catholic Treasures New and Old (St. Anthony Messenger Press).
- Author(s)Joanne Turpin
- PublisherSt Anthony Messenger Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Anthony Messenger Press
- Weight136 g
- Width141 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.