All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFloat like a butterfly and sting like a bee in this inspiring biographical guide to the life of boxer Muhammad Ali.From the moment a teenager from Kentucky won the 1960 Olympic gold to the day in 1996 that a retired legend (his hands shaking from Parkinson's disease) returned to raise the Olympic torch, the boxer kwn as The Greatest waged many fights. Some were ring fights; others were fights with social prejudice - such as his refusal to support the war in Vietnam because of his Islamic faith. This inspiring guide captures the Louisville loud-mouth with the great gift of rhyme who shed the name Cassius Clay to take on the world as Muhammad Ali.
- Author BiographyCharles R. Smith is the author of several books about sporting heroes including Hoop Queens, Hoop Kings and Rimshots: Basketball Pix, Rolls, and Rhythms. He lives in New York, USA. Bryan Collier is the illustrator of several award-winning books, including Uptown, A Freedom River, Martin's Big Words, and Visiting Langston, all winners of the Coretta Scott King Award (USA). He lives in New York, USA.
- Author(s)Charles R. Smith
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date23/09/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight803 g
- Width220 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bryan Collier
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest Age8+
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.82Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.61Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $54.20
- AU $45.93Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.