All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe prestigious new volume by Skira devoted to international contemporary photography is focused on some of the greatest American masters of the twentieth-century. This will be the first of two books (with the second coming in 2014) that seek to illustrate the outstanding quality and variety of the works which have marked American photography from the mid-twentieth-century to the present day. This first volume presents a detailed and antated selection of works executed between the 1940s and 1970s by twenty photographers of undisputed importance--from Edward Weston and Robert Adams to Mir White and Garry Wigrand, from Lee Friedlander down to Stephen Shore--whose pursuits represent benchmarks in the history of contemporary photography. As in the case of other titles in the series, the reproductions of all the works are accompanied by a critical apparatus with texts discussing the area, artists, and research explored.
- Author BiographyFilippo Maggia is currently researcher at the Photography Department of the Royal College of Art. Since 2010, he has taught photographic documentation at the Accademia di Belle Arti di Catania.
- Author(s)Claudia Fini,Filippo Maggia
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1100 g
- Width249 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.