All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe product of Jacqueline Barnitz's more than forty years of studying and teaching, Twentieth-Century Art of Latin America surveys the major currents in and artists of Mexico, the Caribbean, and South America (including Brazil). This new edition has been refreshed throughout to include new scholarship on several modern movements, such as abstraction in the River Plate region and the Cuban avant-garde. A new chapter covers art since 1990. In all, 30 percent of the images in this edition are new, and thirty-four additional artists are discussed and illustrated.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Barnitz is a professor emeritus in the Department of Art and Art History at the University of Texas at Austin. Patrick Frank first taught the history of Latin American modern art in a university context in 1995. He is the author of several books and articles on the subject, focusing especially on graphic art and art in Argentina. He is also the author or coauthor of two widely used introductory textbooks on art.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Barnitz,Patrick Frank
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleThe William and Bettye Nowlin Series in Art, History, and Culture of the Western Hemisphere
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note187 color and 120 b&w illustrations
- Weight2013 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine661 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and Expanded Edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.