All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis bold study traces the processes by which a 'history' and can of Caribbean literature and criticism have been constructed. It offers a supplement to that history by presenting new writers, texts and critical moments that help to reconfigure the Caribbean tradition. Focusing on Anglophone or Anglocreole writings from across the twentieth century, Alison Donnell asks what it is that we read when we approach 'Caribbean Literature', how it is that we read it and what critical, ideological and historical pressures may have influenced our choices and approaches. In particular, the book: * addresses the exclusions that have resulted from the construction of a Caribbean can * rethinks the dominant paradigms of Caribbean literary criticism, which have brought issues of anti-colonialism and nationalism, migration and diaspora, 'double-colonised' women, and the marginalization of sexuality and homosexuality to the foreground * seeks to put new issues and writings into critical circulation by exploring lesser-kwn authors and texts, including Indian Caribbean women's writings and Caribbean queer writings. Identifying alternative critical approaches and critical moments, Twentieth-Century Caribbean Literature allows us to re-examine the way in which we read t only Caribbean writings, but also the literary history and criticism that surround them.
- Author BiographyAlison Donnell is a Reader in English and Postcolonial Literatures at Nottingham Trent University. She is co-editor of The Routledge Reader in Caribbean Literature (1996) and has published widely in the field of Caribbean and postcolonial writings. She is also Joint Editor of Interventions: International Journal of Postcolonial Studies.
- Author(s)Alison Donnell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NotePaper over boards
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.