All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is centrally concerned with crucial theoretical and practical aspects of teaching in the national and global borderlands of gender, race and sexuality studies. The cross cultural feminist focus of this anthology allows the contributors to consider the various ways in which global and national frameworks intersect in the classroom and in students' thinking, and also the ways in which power and authority are developed, directed and deployed in the feminist classroom. This volume provides a critical elaboration of provocative, self-reflexive questions for feminist cultural and intellectual practice for the 21st century. In doing so, the volume provides a site for engaged feminist self criticism for the specific purpose of reinvigorating a critical pedagogical practice grounded in multicultural feminist identities.
- Author BiographySUSAN SANCHEZ-CASAL is Associate Professor of Latino and Women's Studies at Hamilton College in Clinton, New York, where she teaches U.S. Latino and Women's Studies. She is the author of essays on women's testimonial literatures, U.S. Latino/a literatures, feminist theory and antiracist pedagogy. - AMIE A. MACDONALD is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at John Jay - College, City University of New York, where she teaches courses in political - philosophy, multicultural feminism, and the philosophy of law. She has - published essays on the impact of nationalism, feminism, and racial identity - in higher education.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication18/10/2002
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleComparative Feminist Studies
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteVIII, 312 p.
- Weight414 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byAmie A. MacDonald,Susan Sanchez-Casal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.