All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.65
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last twenty years the Journal of Historical Sociology has redefined what historical sociology can be. These essays by internationally distinguished historians, sociologists, anthropologists and geographers bring together the very best of the JHS. Volume 1 focuses on the British state, Volume 2 on the journal's wider interdisciplinary challenges. The first in a two-volume anthology representing the best articles published in The Journal of Historical Sociology over the last twenty years. Includes essays, debates and responses written by internationally distinguished historians, sociologists, anthropologists and geographers as well as by pioneering newer scholars have been influential in challenging and redefining the field of historical sociology. Spans a range of issues and topics that combine rich empirical scholarship with sophisticated theoretical engagement, bringing together the very best of the JHS. A collection of essays on state formation from medieval times to the present, focussing mainly on the British state.
- Author BiographyYoke-Sum Wong is a Lecturer in Sociology at Lancaster University, UK. Derek Sayer is Professor of Cultural History at Lancaster University, UK. He is the author of ten books including The Coasts of Bohemia: A Czech History , Capitalism and Modernity , and with Philip Corrigan, The Great Arch .
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width164 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDerek Sayer,Yoke-Sum Wong
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.