Twilight Rails: The Final Era of Railroad Building in the Midwest by H. Roger Grant (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Twilight Rails, H. Roger Grantone of the leading railroad historians working todaydocuments the stories of eight Midwestern carriers that appeared at the end of the railroad building craze. When historians have reflected on these twilight carriers, they have suggested that they were relevant only as examples of unwise business ventures. Grant finds that even the weakest railroads were important to the communities they served.
- Author BiographyH. Roger Grant is the Kathryn and Calhoun Lemon Professor of History at Clemson University and the author of numerous books on railroad history, including Erie Lackawanna: The Death of an American Railroad, 1938 1992 ; Follow the Flag: A History of the Wabash Railroad Company ; and The North Western: A History of the Chicago & North Western Railway System.
- Author(s)H. Roger Grant
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication14/05/2010
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content Note64 b&w illustrations, 8 maps
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.