Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionA concise introduction to European history between 1914 and 1945, this series of succinct interpretations written by leading scholars offers a new introduction to the period. Covering historical developments in all areas within Europe's natural borders - from the Atlantic to the Arctic Ocean, from the Bosporus to the Urals and the Mediterranean, the book moves beyond the view that the history of this period can only be understood in terms of catastrophe. Instead it argues for a more balanced perspective, suggesting that both 'darker' and 'lighter' elements in Europe's history were capable of evolving simultaneously. Without neglecting the more familiar stories of war, gecide, and ecomic depression, each chapter demonstrates that political stability and regime collapse, social progress and mass poverty, the crisis of European civilization and remarkable cultural achievements, existed alongside each other. Emphasising the histories of the smaller states, and the multi-faceted nature of the period, Twisted Paths illuminates the diversity of Europe's experiences in the first half of the twentieth century.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/04/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note31 halftones & 5 maps
- Weight681 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byRobert Gerwarth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.