All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJean-Luc Godard and Anne-Marie Mieville are among the most important postwar filmmakers; they have worked across forms, across media, and across countries. This book, the first to be devoted specifically to the work they did together, examines the way they expanded the possibilities of cinema by using cutting-edge video equipment in a constant search for a new kind of filmmaking. Two Bicyclesexamines all of the films, videos, and television works that the two did together, and moves slowly across France and Switzerland, with detours in Quebec, Mozambique, and Palestine. Their amazingly varied body of work includes a twelve-hour television series, some experimental videos, an acclaimed feature film with Isabelle Huppert, a cigarette commercial, and much else. Overall the book shows the degree to which this work departs radically from the legacy of the French New Wave, and in many ways shows signs of having been formed by the distinct culture of Switzerland, to which Godard and Mieville returned in the 1970s to set up their atelier, Sonimage. Two Bicyclesoffers a chance to explore a body of work that is as unique and demanding as it is rich and revelatory. Godard and Mieville have worked together for four decades but have never seemed more relevant.
- Author BiographyJerry White is Assistant Professor of Film Studies at the University of Alberta.
- Author(s)Jerry White
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.