All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLondon, 1903. Two women are hanged in Holloway Prison for killing babies. More than thirty years later, Josephine Tey sets out to write a vel about Amelia Sach and Annie Walters, the torious Finchley baby farmers. Meanwhile, her friend, Inspector Archie Penrose is investigating the sadistic murder of a young seamstress, found dead in the Motley sisters' studio, amid preparations for a star-studded charity gala. The girl's death seems to be the result of a long-standing domestic feud, but Archie is unconvinced; and when a second young woman is involved in an horrific accident soon afterwards, the search begins for a vicious killer who will stop at thing to keep the past where it belongs.
- Author BiographyNicola Upson was born in Suffolk and read English at Downing College, Cambridge. She has worked in theatre and as a freelance journalist, and is the author of two non-fiction works and the recipient of an Escalator Award from the Arts Council England. Her debut novel, An Expert in Murder, was the first in a series of crime novels whose main character is Josephine Tey - one of the leading authors of Britain's Golden Age of crime writing. She lives with her partner in Cambridge and spends much of her time in Cornwall.
- Author(s)Nicola Upson
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleJosephine Tey
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight388 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.