All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes the plays The Man Who Never Yet Saw Woman's Nakedness and Warweser Warweser tells the story of a homosexual love affair between a Jew and a Nazi in late 1930s Berlin. It was premiered in Heidelberg in 1996 and won the Frankfurter Autorenstiftung prize. In The Man Who - , a strange man comes to audition for a production of Romeo and Juliet, and the boundaries between life and theatre begin to blur. A volume published in association with the Goethe-Institut London and the Royal Court Theatre.
- Author BiographyKatharina Gericke was born in 1966 in the German Democratic Republic and grew up in Potsdam. After the re-unification of Germany she abandoned her studies in Economics to study Playwriting at the 'Berlin Hochschule der Kunste'. She has written a number of plays, one of which - Warweser, translated by David Tushingham - was published by Oberon in association with the Goethe-Institut London. Moritz Rinke was born in 1967 in Wopswerde, Germany. After studying Drama, Theatre and Media at Giessen University he worked as a journalist, writing in particular for the Berlin newspaper, the Tagesspiegel. He first emerged as a playwright with 'The Grey Angel' in 1996. 'The Man Who Never Yet Saw Woman's Nakedness', translated by Meredith Oakes, was published by Oberon in association with the Goethe-Institut London. Meredith Oakes' first play, The Neighbour, was produced at the Royal National Theatre, London in 1992, and is published by Oberon Books. The Editing Process was first produced by the English Stage Company at the Royal Court Theatre, London, in 1994. Her translation include The New Menoza by Lenz, Horvath's Italian Night, and Bernhard's Elizabeth II. Opera Libretti include The Triumph of Beauty and Deceit and Solid Assets.
- Author(s)Katarina Gericke,Moritz Rinke
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAbsolute Classics
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Translated byDavid Tushingham,Meredith Oakes
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.