All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning at retirement and continuing for ten years, the author began a series of five long-distance hikes. He kept careful records and discovered that matter where he was or what the terrain was like, he always averaged two miles an hour! Follow him as he begins his adventure on the Appalachian Trail hiking alone through Connecticut and Massachusetts to Vermont. Next he walks 190 miles across England on the famous Coast-To-Coast trail: from St. Bees on the Irish Sea to Robin Hood Bay on the North Sea. This is followed by an even longer walk from one side of Ireland to the other, from Wicklow to the Cliffs of Moher, and through the village where his grandmother was born and raised. A friend joins him on his fourth walk: the West Highland Way in Scotland, 110 miles of breathtaking scenery and wacky adventures as they hike from Glasgow rth to Fort William. Finally, during the week of his 70th birthday, walk with him as he hikes the scenic Pembrokeshire Coastal Path in Wales. Along the way, relax with him as he enjoys a pint or two in an eclectic collection of pubs, country inns and hostels chatting with colorful locals. Five walks and a thousand episodes of humorous, heart warming and just plain fun.
- Author BiographyRobert E. Buckley was born and raised in New York. A graduate of Iowa State University with majors in Psychology and American Literature, he spent his career in the advertising agency business; as copywriter, creative director and manager of Young & Rubicam affiliated agencies. Buckley lives with his wife, in Marion, Iowa. They are the parents of three grown sons and have seven grandchildren.
- Author(s)Robert E Buckley
- PublisherIrish Enterprises
- Date of Publication28/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIrish Enterprises
- Out-of-print date26/01/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.