All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWithin the pages of this book you will see how cement structures, intended for barriers, are transformed into pictorial walls that identify military units and hor service members who gave their lives for freedom in the Gulf War. They provide an esprit de corps for their unit members who are forward deployed from their home base, post, or camp. The unit colors and insignias displayed on these walls become the thoughts and memories of the men and women who have fought, and for those who have died for freedom. Memorial walls proclaim in silence the ultimate sacrifice of service. This artwork represents Coalition Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, Coast Guard, and D.O.D. Civilians who answered the call of freedom and deployed far from home and family. When these walls decay and are turned to rubble, this book will become a lasting legacy to those who have served in Kuwait and Iraq.
- Author BiographyGeorge Hauer is the Co-Founder of Operation: Music Aid, the supplier of over 2,400 new instruments to wounded soldiers and vets. Robin Whitney is a freelance writer and a long time resident of Madison, CT, USA.
- Author(s)George Hauer,Robin Vaughn Whitney
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note274 colour photos
- Weight1325 g
- Width279 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.